DWR teachers represent an active and productive professional community. Faculty present internal workshops and lectures throughout the year, including at orientation sessions, regular CompTalk presentations, reading groups, and cross-campus events. On this page, we showcase the workshop materials that teacher presenters have shared. Please contact the workshop leader directly if you have any questions.
2019-2020 Course Enhancement Grant Workshops
One of the objectives in the DWR’s 2018-2022 Strategic Plan is to “Support Faculty and Staff Development and Promote Teaching Excellence.” DWR course enhancement grants are available to support continuous improvement and professional development for our teaching faculty. In Spring 2020, several of the grant workshops were held online. The recordings of these workshops are available below.
Fall 2016 General Orientation Workshops
Teachers led workshops on various topics on the Thursday and Friday after Fall Orientation. Their workshop materials are posted here.
Managing Difficult Classroom Conversations
- DWR CompTalk Reading Groups
- Handbook for Facilitating Difficult Conversations in the Classroom
- Preparing Students for Difficult Conversations
- How To Tell People They Sound Racist
- How to Listen When You Disagree: A Lesson from the Republican National Convention
- Establishing Ground Rules
- Project Implicit